If you’re looking for an optometrist in McKinney, look no further than McKinney Eyeworks. Led by Dr. Marc Woerz and Dr. Wenting Wang, our skilled and experienced team has been proudly serving McKinney and the surrounding areas since 1995 with the most comprehensive eyecare available!
What optometric services do you provide at McKinney Eyeworks?
That’s a great question and glad you asked! At McKinney Eyeworks, we offer a full range of optometric and eyecare services, including:
· General Eyecare Services including the diagnosis and/or treatment of glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, diabetic eyecare, dry eye, pink or red eye, corneal abrasion, ocular trauma, and ocular emergencies.
· Adult Eye Examinations. Our thorough annual eye exams aren’t only for vision, but for ocular and systematic health as well. In many cases, diseases can be detected from a comprehensive eye exam before a patient has been diagnosed. It’s our goal to ensure our patients maintain healthy eyes and great vision throughout their lifetime.
· Children’s Vision. At McKinney Eyeworks, we recommend and offer annual comprehensive eye examinations for any child age four and older. Many visual problems are impossible to detect from a simple screening at school or even a pediatric doctor’s office. Undiagnosed issues can directly affect your child’s ability to perform in the classroom, in sports – and can also contribute to a lack of self- confidence. In addition, we also recommend having children under the age of four examined when parents notice any crossing of the eyes, poor eye-hand coordination, or anything else that’s unusual in their vision.
· Laser Vision Correction. Our qualified doctors recognize that laser refractive surgery is an excellent alternative to glasses or contacts for many patients. LASIK or PRK are surgical procedures that correct myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism. After a comprehensive initial examination, we’ll determine if refractive surgery is a viable solution for you. If so, we’ll refer you to one of our partners who perform the procedure. We’ll then follow up with you at scheduled intervals over the next year to ensure the continued success of your outcome!
· Plaquenil Examinations. Plaquenil is a drug routinely prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis and lupus that has long been associated with retinal toxicity, which can lead to vision loss. At McKinney Eyeworks, our doctors routinely perform plaquenil examinations utilizing the latest tools and equipment. We also stay in close touch with the patient’s rheumatologist and primary care provider to prevent retinal toxicity.
Does McKinney Eyeworks also offer glasses, frames, contacts and sunglasses?
Absolutely! As expert opticians, we offer a full range of eyewear – and we’re also specialists in contact lenses. We have the latest high-end eyewear and maintain an inventory of over 1000 frames and sunglasses to suit any budget. Our opticians will guide you through the correct choice and ensure through precise measurements that your glasses will exceed your expectations.
Our contact lens specialists are also highly trained and routinely fit all types of contact lenses, including disposable, glass permeable, color, planned replacement – in addition to specialty lenses for astigmatism, presbyopia (bifocal or monovision), keratconus and dry eye patients. We stock several thousand lenses that ensures the most accurate fit possible, and our patients can usually take their lenses home the same day!
Visit McKinney Eyeworks today – your premier optometrist and eyecare specialist in McKinney!
Vision is one of life’s most precious gifts and at McKinney Eyeworks we’re committed to improving the quality of life for our patients and establish long-lasting relationships. We look forward to you and your family becoming part of our optometric practice in McKinney today!